The first step I took was blocking out the shapes with 1/2" masking tape.
The rest is just a step by step of masking, painting, removing the masking, and over again.
I added a small amount of glitter to the hotcoat epoxy mix, to see how it turned out. and it's not bad, though I think next time I will plan on using a lot more of it but in smaller areas.
In a few places I sanded through the hotcoat and into the paint. but it doesnt matter too much, it's just cosmetic.
lastly, I put the final coat of epoxy, the gloss coat, and polished it up.
and that is that, I made a surfboard. I like it. Now I just have to wait for the opportunity to put it in the water.